These past two weeks have been a whirlwind of Christmas, road trips and running.
|My devil elf.|
Week 2: This was a crazy week between work and the kids' holiday events at school. The result in terms of running was nothing very impressive, just some more base building. A last minute trip to South Carolina cut out a 4th day of running for the week. But snuggles with my 7 week old nephew made up for it.
- Wednesday: 3.1 mile progression run with strides on the treadmill at the gym. Rush home so the hubs could get to work early
- Thursday: 5 miles on my go-to trail for hill training. Pretty chilly, but nice to be outside
- Sunday: 10 miles in South Carolina
Total miles: 18.1
Week 3: Finally my schedule allowed me to add a 4th day of running to the mix, even with our second road trip within a week.
- Tuesday: 3 treadmill miles
- Thursday: 6 miles on hills. This was a great run for me because it was the first time I made it all the way around a challenging 3 mile loop twice. It's been a goal of mine for a while now but I always manage to talk myself out of it.
- Saturday: 11 miles through Lancaster County, PA. This was definitely one of my favorite runs in recent memory. It was sunny, yet chilly and the scenery was just amazing.
- Sunday: 3 easy treadmill miles at the hotel