248 miles covered
Only 13.1 more miles to go to reach my goal.
I've been making a mental list of things to remember during the race:
- Don't start out too fast. This was reiterated by an email from Bull City Running which noted: "Take it easy. The second half of the course is more challenging than the first in terms of hills and turns. So, don't start too quickly!"
- Run my own race. It is ok if people pass me.
- At the same time, keep in mind my goal of 2.5hr. But secretly, I would love to come in before 2:27 which is the time Jenni and Juli made on their halfs.
- Remember my mantra "Recover while running". Try to limit the walk break if at all possible.
- Have fun and remember that I am setting an excellent example for Morgan and Hannah.