Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh my Lord, where have I been?

Well to say the Half burned me out would be an understatement. My ultimate goal was to keep the miles up in order to be in shape for the American Tobacco Trail, which is next month I think, but that was not to be the case. After the half I lost ALL desire to run. I had already committed to the Turkey Trot 8k with Nick in November and had to see that through. But the truth of the matter is that I hardly ran between the half and the Turkey Trot. My time was abismal. I ran the 8k in 56:45 (11:24/mile). I was so not into running. That run on November 24th was the last time I would lace up the shoes until January 24th. Two whole months. I have lost all conditioning and have to start from the very beginning. I was looking today and my running log from last year and I seemed to have the same pattern. Taking off for December and January. Last year I eased back into it and really started going in March and it only took a few weeks to go from 2 to 4 miles.

I am setting some pretty achievable goals right now. First goal is to make it around the (hilly!) AB Trail without stopping. Then a local 5k in April and a 10k in May. No decisions on a repeat half this fall yet. I am just taking it one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment