Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Catching up

Greetings from my sick bed. Today marks day #3 that I have been confined to my bed with the stomach flu. Today I feel well enough to move to the couch, which is a big improvement.

Today, as my symptoms subside, I am relishing the opportunity to slow down a little bit. Life as been moving pretty steadily all Fall and I feel like I am just along for the ride. Since I am able to actually stay awake today it is nice to catch up on some of the little things, like watching everything on my tivo and finally updating my little blog.

I had a whole Thanksgiving post all planned out. What I didn't have was the time to do it. We traveled to South Carolina and I ran a 5mile race on Thanksgiving morning. I PRed and my brother-in-law came in 25th place out of over 1000 people! It was quite a morning. Followed by a lot of eating.

Good running! Now let's eat!
Since then I have been really enjoying not being on a training plan. Two half marathons this Fall were fun, but I definitely am enjoying the break from having to run. So far I run when I want for however long I want. I really like the freedom of that.

I have big plans for the Spring, including 2 half marathons and a 10 mile race. Training for that officially starts in January. Until then, I am taking a much more relaxed approach to running and attempting to get back into weight training.  I am hoping that this stomach flu has not set me back too much. Hopefully by the weekend I will be abe to slowly get moving again.

But for now, it is back to the couch for another nap...

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Rose! Sorry to hear you have the flu, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

    Congratulations on your PR! I worry about the "run when you feel like it" plan for me. I love running, but when left to my own devices, I'm not sure if I'd run enough ... or at all. I need a training plan and a group. I'm glad it is working for you, though! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate that you are feeling bad!! Feel better soon!! Congrats on your Thanksgiving PR and I can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete