Monday, July 4, 2011

Sweet relief



So at the advice of the Run Like a Mother crew and my friend Jenni, I decided to try out some compression sleeves to help me with the shin splints. According to the Zensah compression leg sleeves "can be worn during training or for recovery to increase oxygen blood flow to the muscles of the lower leg. The more oxygen the muscles receive the faster they recover, allowing athletes to push the envelope in their training. The compression leg sleeves are ideal for runners, cyclists and triathletes and anyone else who is on their feet. It can be worn during training, recovery or for traveling."

I had some left over money on my birthday giftcard so I decided to give them a try. I originally bought a pair of large Zensah sleeves but they did not feel as though they were tight enough. I traded them for a pair of CEP sleeves which fit much better. After having them on for a couple of hours my legs felt much better.

The best part was the sympathy I got from Hannah when I first had the Zensah sleeves on. She took one look at them and told me her legs were tired too and fetched a pair of leg warmers to wear. She rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment