Friday, August 17, 2012

This Week's Training Fail

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the kind messages and tweets I received about my last post. I certainly was a tough one to write for me. You guys were kind!

On to this week....


Sigh....

This pile of running clothes has been sitting on my dresser since Monday night. It is now Friday morning and they sit there still.

Sadness.

I wish I could tell you that this week has been filled with epic mid-distance runs and speed intervals. But if I did, I would be a big, fat liar.  The truth is I have no laced up my Brooks since Sunday. Instead of listing my daily mileage, the following is a list of excuses as to why this week was such a failure!

Monday: Planned rest day. I rocked this like a champ.

Tuesday: I was up sick all Monday night and there was no way I could make it out.

Wednesday: Brent had to leave super early for work which meant I was solo on trying to get the kids to camp and preschool on time.

Thursday: Again up ALL night. Not sick this time. Just could not for the life of me fall asleep. The last time I looked at the clock it was 5am and I was about to give up and just go running. Next thing I knew it was 7:15. D'oh.

Friday: Two things. I was not home before the kids got to bed last night and felt guilty leaving them before they woke up. Secondly, my grandmother is ill in Philadelphia and I was trying to coordinate with my mom whether or not we were going to drive up there today.

Since evening running is not an option for me, my weekly mileage remains a big old goose egg.

I am wise enough to know that missing all of this running is not the end of the world, but still not mature enough to not whine about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment