Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We Now Return to Your Regularly Scheduled Program

My very dear friend Carrie gave me a gchat beat down today for neglecting my blog.

I apologize. Sincerely.

Life has been....crazy.

First and foremost has been my job. In my real life I work in a lab that develops vaccines for infectious diseases. Lately I've been working on developing a vaccine for tuberculosis. Clearly, that is a valid reason for my lack of blogging. No?  Maybe one day I will get a picture of me in my space suit-like protective gear I have to wear in the lab. That should be good for a few laughs.

Secondly, my grandmother has been ill.

Man, I love her!

She was admitted to the hospital with kidney troubles and it was pretty touch and go for a while. But she's a tough one and pulled through and made it home surprisingly fast. Her 87th birthday is next week so my mom and I are planning to make the trip from NC to Philadelphia to be with her.


There was the first day of first grade!



We celebrated Brent's sister's wedding over Labor Day weekend! The weekend was so much fun. There were a lot of events leading up to the big day and family and friends came from all over. It was one of the best weekends I have had. So much eating, drinking, dancing and overall shenanigans.





And finally, there has been quite a bit of running. Including the first of several double digit runs leading up to my two half marathons this fall.



Now that life appears to be calming down, I hope to get back to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment