Thursday, September 13, 2012

Another Mother Runner's 10 Running Related Personal Questions

It is no secret that I love Dimity and SBS and the entire Another Mother Runner community. I have been a proud member of the tribe for quite some time now. So when they threw out a request for mother runners/bloggers to answer a few running related questions I was happy to oblige.

Here it goes....

1. Best run ever: The run that comes to mind when people ask me to name my most favorite run was a 10 miler I ran in preparation for the 2005 Run to Remember half marathon in Boston. The race was in the early Spring so I ran throughout the Winter. Throughout the New England Winter. My running pal and I headed to the Charles River path after a particularly heavy storm. The path was just inches of snow and slush. We had to take turns leading on the single lane path that other runners had made it the snow. We were soaked. At one point we came across a few fishermen who had found one spot of the river that wasn't iced over and were just pulling fish after fish out of the river. We stopped to talk to them and the told us they were fishing for carp. I mentioned that my dad was also a carp fisher. It turned out this random carp fisherman in Boston knew my dad, who lived it Philadelphia. They met at a fishing tournament. Such a small world. My pal and I continued on and finished our sloshy run. We rewarded ourselves with post-run beer and burgers. (Note: This answer will make no sense once you get to my answer for  question #6)

2. Three words that describe my running: Effective antidepressant substitute.

3. My go-to running outfit is: Running skirt, top, sports bra (all usually from Target), Brooks Adrenalines, Garmin, RoadID and ipod. And Body Glide. Lots of Body Glide.

4. Quirky habit while running:  I listen to catchy pop tunes that I would never normally admit to.

What? I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE!!!!
(source)

5. Morning, midday or evening: Most definitely a morning runner. Every run I have tried to do after 9am has been disastrous. I like getting it over with. It is a great way to start the day. Plus if I have to run later in the day, I spend the entire day stressing over what and when I eat to make sure everything is all settled come run time.

6. I won't run outside when it's: Too cold. Yeah, I know I just said my favorite run ever was in the Winter in Boston. I have since moved to North Carolina and my hearty New England blood has thinned considerably. When I told Dimity (from Denver) and Sarah (from Portland) that I found the winter in North Carolina to be "too cold", they let me have it.

Sarah made sure I would never forget to stop being a wimp
about Southern Winters.

7. Worst injury - and how I got over it: I really super don't want to jinx myself, but I have been pretty lucky on the injury front. But there was the time I was running along and face planted for no good reason in front of a couple of passing cars. I limped home and stayed off of my swollen ankle for a week.

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I crossed the finish line of my first half marathon after taking several years off of running. (2011 Ramblin Rose)

You can't see it but I am wearing
my BAMR shirt. How appropriate!

9. My next race is: Ramblin Rose Half Marathon - October 21

10. Potential running goal for 2013: I have several lofty goals for next year including working on speed through the winter for a 5k PR, a Spring half marathon and the Tar Heel 10 Miler (wearing a Duke shirt of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment