Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not so sure about this.

So I was feeling pretty good about my running back in mid April. I was running 3-4 miles about 3-4 times per week. Then my consistency started falling off. I got sick in mid-April followed by a trip to Boston. It took a couple of weeks to get back into form from that week long break and right when I was feeling good about my running again I had a shoulder injury that prevented me from running. So now I am back. I am trying to be comfortable with runs that are only 2 miles. I feel like I have slid so far backwards. I am SO incredibly motivated for this half marathon, but just am nervous that I don't have the fitness that is required. I have 6 weeks to build back my base mileage before the 12 week training schedules begin. In the next 6 weeks I would really like to get back being comfortable with 3 and 4 mile runs about 4 times per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment