Monday, October 1, 2012

Euphemisms

Let's just call last week a....ummmm.....step back week. Mmmkay?

Seriously, it was ridiculous. It was the perfect storm of work and home responsibilities that resulted in my weekly mileage being in the single digits.  Three weeks out from a half marathon, this is less than ideal.

Last week I had a pretty good hilly 11 mile long run and was feeling pretty confident about the 2 half marathons that are quickly approaching. This week I could barely finish 6 miles. It was disappointing to say the very least. But sulking about it isn't going to do me any good. This is a new week and I have that much more motivation to get some pretty decent runs in.

I have one more double digit run before my first race. This weekend we are packing the kids and heading north to my most favorite place  - Vermont. I have a run all mapped out on a running path in Stowe and I couldn't be more excited about it.

(Source)
The pictures look beyond amazing and according to the map it is steps away from the Trapp Family Lodge. It's a pretty safe bet that there will be some show tunes (and maybe some dancing) on this run.

When I was growing up I totally used to pretend to be Leisl
dancing around the gazebo with Rolf before he turned into a Nazi.
But I digress. (Source)

In other news I am contemplating running my first trail race the week after my half marathon. 



It is a local 6 miler. I wouldn't race it necessarily as it is a week after my first half and 2 weeks before my second. But I think it would be a fun little jaunt through the woods. We'll see. The jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment