Monday, August 26, 2013

Catching Up

Today is the first day of school. I sent the big one off to 2nd grade and my baby off to kindergarten <sniff>



We had a great summer filled with beaches:
 

Baseball games:



And pools:


My foot has been feeling great and I have been slowly ramping up my miles in some pretty fabulous places.



With the end of Summer and the Philly Half Marathon just 12 weeks away it is time to get serious about my training. I am trying hard to get back to the paces I was hitting in the Spring and I am hopeful that with some consistent running and extra time in the gym that I can reach my goal of PRing the half in November.

I've been training with the Raleigh Galloway group and am trying really hard to trust in the training method because I have seen people have great success with it. On the training schedule I have some pretty ambitious long runs that will build my endurance. During the week I will have shorter runs, which I will use to focus on speed. Hopefully the two will magically combine on race day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pool photo!

    Glad you are back to running! I know you are going to rock that half in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great my friend!! I love all the pics!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete