Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Another Mother Runner Challenge

Everyone in the running blog world seems to be on board with the Runner's World Summer Running Streak. From their website: Run at least one mile per day, every day, starting on Memorial Day (Monday, 5/28) and ending on Independence Day (Wednesday, 7/4). That's 38 consecutive days of running.

I like the idea of having something to motivate me over the next month as I try to build my fitness as much as possible before my half marathon training officially begins. But there are a couple things holding me back from this challenge.

1. I have never been able to run anything more than 2 days in a row. Ever. Even though I know that the requirement is only 1 mile a day at the least. 

2. Between my work schedule, the kids' schedules and Brent schedules, I know that there are going to be days where I literally can not go out to run. And I have no home treadmill to fall back on.

So that is why I was psyched to see this post from my favorite ladies over at Another Mother Runner. Instead of running every single day, you plan for at least 5 workouts per week. They don't have to be runs, but you do have to "move with determination and focus". Any activity counts - cycling, spinning, yoga, pilates, strength training, swimming, etc etc etc. At least one day each week is a mandatory rest day. Now, that's a rule I can get behind.

This is a streak I can handle.


I'm All In!

Currently I am having a minor panic attack in filling out my plans on the calendar because there are a couple of things up in the air....namely, whether or not I join a training group for the half marathon. Regardless. I can fill it in as I go along. I think it will be a great way to get through the month of June.

Plus the little motivation of a free bumper sticker for successfully completing the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment