Sunday, June 10, 2012

My week in review

Alrighty then, it is Sunday night so let's wrap this week up, shall we?

Kara Goucher, I am not, but I am pretty pleased with this week.


Monday: Spinning and core work. The instructor spins for 45 min then does a 15 minute core session right afterwards. I was able to get a one-on-one session with her after class since no one else stuck around. Sweet!  This will be my last spin class for the summer though. With Morgan out of school and in Summer camp, our afternoon schedules have changed and I won't be able to make it to this class until Summer Camp is over. Big frown....

Tuesday: 3 miles around Duke before work.

Wednesday: Rest day. Monday night spin and a Tuesday morning spin zapped me a bit. Plus I had to bring Morgan into karate class after work, so time was super limited.

Thursday: My weekly hill run. No records broken this week, just a solid hill run before work. This was also Morgan's last day of Kindergarten. He's officially a first grader! How did this happen?!?!

Friday: Rest day. Not by choice, but Morgan was out of school and Summer camps don't start until Monday so I had to drop him off with Grandma in the morning and then pick him up afterwards. A lot of time in the car when I'd rather be strength training.

Saturday:  A quick 2 miles so I could still be straight with the Another Mother Challenge. Also I had spent the morning on Twitter and couldn't stand reading about everyone's awesome running. I had to go. Afterwards I left Brent and the kids behind to go up to my parents' house to check in on my mom who just had knee surgery. And I got to check in on the ducklings too!

They are getting so big! Still cute!

Sunday: 5 mile run. I chose to run miles 2-6 of the Ramblin' Rose half marathon. It was nice to run a new route with some new music. It was a pretty warm North Carolina morning and I will definitely have to get used to warm weather running again. I had to stop a couple of times to cool down. My pace was a little slower than what I have been running, but I attribute that to the distance and the heat. I was pleased though that my splits were pretty consistent throughout:

Ignore the 6th split, my brain was fried and I had
to fight with my Garmin to get it to turn off.


All in all,  it was a good solid run that ended with this.


Woot! Best husband ever!

After a nap we headed to Morgan's stripe test at karate. He earned his second yellow stripe. Next stop is a full yellow belt.



Oh then there was this. Just some more Twitter flirtation with my pal Bart.

This made my day!

So that is my week. A pretty solid training week as I try to build up my base before Half training starts up soon.  It will be interesting to see how this next week plays out with our new summer schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment