Tuesday, March 13, 2012

10k Training Schedule

Because I am suddenly an expert on finding balance in my life and all, I thought it would be great to add a little more pressure to my life. I'm awesome like that.

No, the truth of the matter is that I have been reading on all of my running blogs and online running groups about people signing up for Spring races. Sure, if I have not been a wimp and kept up my mileage throughout the winter, maybe I could have done the American Tobacco Trail half marathon this weekend like I had wanted to. But nope.

My return to running has been a little better than I had hoped. I am feeling ok and my motivation and desire has returned in full force. So I decided it would be good to push myself a little harder. Enter the WakeMed Cary Distance Festival 10k on May 5.

7.5 weeks to up my mileage from 3(ish) to 6. I think I can do it. And I spent all afternoon yesterday coming up with a training plan that would fit into my home and work schedule. It is awesome to have a goal to work towards.



Plus there's this:


I flipping love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment