Monday, March 26, 2012

10k Training: Week 2

Accountability. That's what this is. I got this in my inbox from dailymile:

As Liz Lemon would say, "Blerg..."
Here's the rundown of the week:

Monday: Spin class + core work. I like the spin class at my new gym. My little country gym only has 8 bikes so it is small and friendly. I worked hard.

Tuesday: Brent had to work so no nighttime gym for me. Instead I did an upper body routine I found on Netflix streaming video.

Wednesday: I was SO looking forward to my weekly hill run, but work had other plans. I was at work until about 7:30 and had to get home so Brent could go back to work. No run for me.

Thursday: I thought about running in the morning, but that didn't happen. Then I thought about running after work, but chose to play with the kids instead.

Friday: Come Friday morning I couldn't not run. Even though I didn't have much time before work, I made it out for a short neighborhood run.

Saturday: Rainy 4 miler! So.much.fun. Yoga at night for my tired legs.

Saturday: I wanted to get a 3 mile run in but life got in the way once again.

So there you have it. I was not really pleased with this week. It brought up several thoughts:

I probably should try to add another day of running in there. Tuesdays and Fridays are looking like the best bets. It doesn't have to be the same day each week. I can fit it in as my schedule allows, but I feel like I should be running more. I want to be running more. Right now I am supposed to be running 3 days a week. I would like to see 4 sometimes if possible.

I am a little nervous about the prospect of a 10k race in 5 and a half weeks. My 4 miler was hard. I had to stop a couple of times. In 5 weeks I should be fine getting up to 6 miles, but it may not be pretty...

So, like I said, I was not terribly happy with last week, which just makes me super motivated to kick this week's ass.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, just take it one day at a time and remember you can get through it. You just want to be sure you can do it AND have fun.

    ReplyDelete